F2 Dependent Rules

Applying To UWRF

Dependents (F-2)

An international degree-seeking (F-1) student may be accompanied to the U.S. by his or her dependent(s) at any time. Dependents are defined as a spouse and/or unmarried minor children. Children over the age of 21 are not eligible to enter the country as the dependent of an F-1 student. Dependents may apply for their F-2 visa at the same time the student applies for an F-1 visa, or they may apply for their F-2 visa at a later date. If the dependent is granted the visa, they may enter the United States with the student or at a later date.  

If you wish to bring a dependent to the U.S. please contact the ISS Coordinator to learn more about the requirements for requesting a dependent I-20. Before we can issue a dependent I-20, you will need to demonstrate that you have sufficient funds to support yourself and your dependents for the duration of your time at UWRF. The University of Wisconsin-River Falls and the U.S. government, requires proof of financial resources, of an additional $9,000-$10,000, for a spouse and for each child annually.

Contact Us

International Student Services
174 Rodli Hall

Facebook Icon Instagram IconYouTube Icon