Check-Out Procedures During Semester
- By the time of your check out you will need to have the following completed:
- All personal belongings removed.
- All University property is back to its original order and location.
- Room must be cleaned, this includes sweeping and mopping.
- The refrigerator must be defrosted and cleaned. Do not use any object to remove the frost/ice, this will cause a puncture of the unit and you being held responsible for the cost. After the refrigerator has been defrosted and cleaned; shut the door, plug it back in and leave it on the number 3 setting.
- Remove all items from the walls, floor, and door (including marks from sticky tape residue, scuffs, etc...).
- Unlofting your bed: Beds that are lofted may need to be unlofted. If the student moving-into the bed space you are vacating wishes to keep the bed lofted, then you may keep it lofted. If you have purchased bed lofting services, you are not required to unloft the bed. See the "Lofted Beds" section at the end of this page for unlofting details.
- An RA's job is to check to ensure that you have cleaned your room and to catalog any damages. Please be finished cleaning before asking a staff member to look at your room. If they find cleanliness issues, they will have you address them, then they will need to recheck your room.
- The RA will require that you sign your Room Condition Report paperwork.
- The RA will take your key(s) and lock your room upon completion of the check out.
Withdrawing from the University?
To ensure that your hall door access continues until you are moved out, follow the steps above to check out of your room first, then see below to formally withdraw from the university:
Visit the Withdrawal Web Page to formally withdraw from the university. After submitting your formal withdrawal, the Registrar's Office will provide you with a list of formal steps that you should follow and offices to contact to ensure that your withdrawal is handled correctly. If you do not check out of your room before formally withdrawing, you will be required to move out within 48 hours of withdrawing.