Commitment to Services:
The Ability Services Office is committed to providing high-quality services, access, and accommodations to all registered students with disabilities. Staff are working to provide creative and new accommodations to ensure all access needs are being met during the COVID-19 pandemic. All accommodations will be honored and supported regardless of academic format. The Ability Services Office will be open regular office hours from 8 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
- Staff will continue to conduct intakes and longer appointments (more than 30 minutes) in the virtual platform using Microsoft Teams.
- Meetings that are less than 30 minutes can be conducted in staff offices with both parties wearing face coverings.
- Parents, friends, and support staff will not be allowed to attend any in-person appointments. Individuals who require additional support during an in-person meeting are asked to schedule appointments in the virtual platform.
- Remote meetings will continue to be the primary means Ability Services staff will connect with students to ensure the safety and well-being of all staff, students, faculty, and visitors.
- Following the appropriate CDC guidelines and recommendations from facilities management on campus, two students will be allowed in the waiting area at one time.
- Students with approved testing accommodations will be able to test in the Ability Services Office during fall 2020.
- Single test rooms will be utilized in the same manner as a typical semester.
- The large test room will operate at less than 50% capacity with nine feet between testers to allow for proper and safe social distancing.
- To learn more about how to get connected with us, please check our website at https://www.uwrf.edu/AbilityServices/