UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN River Falls
Start Year: 2018
Animal and Food Science
Office: 206c Ag Science Building
Ph.D. Animal Science, University of Minnesota (Twin Cities, MN)
M.S. Animal Science, University of Minnesota (Twin Cities, MN)
B.S. Equine Business Management, Stephens College (Columbia, MO)
ANSC 200 - Animal Careers
ANSC 360 - Animal Anatomy and Physiology
ANSC 360 - Equine Production
Forages and Grazing
Deworming and Anthelmintic Resistance
Blanketing and Thermoregulation in Horses
Equine Science Society (Member)
1. DeBoer, M.L, A. Jaqueth, A. Tuszka, and K, Martinson. Winter blanketing practices: An online survey of North American horse owners. J. Equine Vet. Sci.
2. DeBoer, M.L., A. Konop, B. Fisher, and K. Martinson. 2020. Dry Matter Intake, Body Weight, and Body Condition Scores of Blanketed and Non-Blanketed Horses in the Upper Midwest. J. Equine Vet. Sci. 94:103239
3. DeBoer, M.L., A.M. Grev, C.C. Sheaffer, M.S. Wells, K.L. Martinson. 2020. Yield, composition, nutritive value and preference of grass-legume pastures under horse grazing. Crop, Forage, and Turfgrass Management; 6:e20032. https://doi.org/10.1002/cft2.20032
4. DeBoer, M.L., K.L. Martinson, K.J. Kuhle, C.S. Sheaffer, M.R. Hathaway. 2019. Plasma amino acid concentrations of horses grazing alfalfa, cool-season perennial grasses, and teff. J. Equine Vet. Sci. 72: 72 – 78.
5. DeBoer, M.L., M.R. Hathaway, P.S.D. Weber, C.C. Sheaffer, K.J. Kuhle, K.L. Martinson. 2019. Glucose and insulin response of aged horses grazing alfalfa, perennial cool-season grass, and teff during the spring and late fall. J. Equine Vet. Sci. 72: 108 – 111.
6. DeBoer, M.L., M.R. Hathaway, K.J. Kuhle, P.S.D. Weber, A.S. Reiter, C.C. Sheaffer, M.S. Wells, and K.L. Martinson. 2018. Glucose and insulin response of horses grazing alfalfa, perennial cool-season grass, and teff across seasons. J. Equine Vet. Sci. 68: 33 – 38.
7. DeBoer, M.L., K.M. Martinson, M.S. Pampusch, A.M. Hansen, S.M. Wells, C. Ward, and M. Hathaway. 2017. Cultured equine satellite cells as a model system to assess leucine stimulated protein synthesis in horse muscle. J. Anim. Sci. 96(1): 143-153.
8. DeBoer, M.L., C.C. Sheaffer, A.M. Grev, D.N. Catalano, M.S. Wells, M.R. Hathaway, K.L. Martinson. 2017. Yield, nutritive value, and preference of annual warm-season grasses grazed by horses. Agron. J. 109(5): 1-13.
9. Catalano, D.N., C.C. Sheaffer, A.M. Grev, M.L. DeBoer, K.L. Martinson. 2019. Yield, Forage Nutritive Value, and Preference of Legumes under Horse Grazing. Agron. J. 111(3): 1312 – 1322.
10. Grev, A.M., C.C. Sheaffer, M.L. DeBoer, D.N. Catalano, K.L. Martinson. 2017. Preference, yield, and forage nutritive value of annual grasses under horse grazing. Agron. J. 109: 1-12.