DoTS is excited to announce that we are finishing a multiple phase email and calendar upgrade for all university employees. This upgrade will align all of the University faculty, staff, emeriti and student employees onto the same system that our student population has already been using for a few years. For those using the Outlook client, this upgrade should be transparent. You may be asked to restart your client and/or enter your username (Full email address) and password (FalconAccount password). For those using Outlook Web Access, you will notice the enhancements to the appearance of the OWA webpage as it is upgraded from the 2010 to the 2013 version.
Some excellent benefits:
- Free Office 365 Suite for all students while attending the university (coming later in 2014)
- Increased email quota from 2GB to 150GB (50GB primary storage, 100GB archive space)
- Better integration between faculty, staff and students (shared calendars)
- Full featured Microsoft Office applications available for Android, iOS and Windows smart devices
- New Work at Home options for employees with up to 5 installs of the full Office Suite on personal machines (coming later in 2014)
- Better help documentation maintained by Microsoft
Helpful details to remember during/immediately after migration:
- Using Outlook client - you may be asked to restart(close) your client.
- You may be asked to enter your username (full email address) and password (FalconAccount password)
- Your mobile device (university and personally owned) may need configuration updates.
- Server name: m.outlook.com
- Domain: uwrf.edu
- Username: (full email address)
- Password: (FalconAccount password)
- Online/Web Access will be available through the Faculty/Staff homepage link.
- Be patient if backend processing time is still occurring. Through our testing it could take a few minutes for everything to sync for the first time.
This upgrade will not update your version of the Office Suite that is installed on your workstation. This upgrade will only upgrade the backend server components and the Office WebApp online web access site. If staff have Office 2010, this upgrade will not upgrade the desktop application to Office 2013. Please contact email@example.com if you would like to schedule that upgrade for your workstation.