Find answers to common questions about hosting a wedding ceremony or reception at UW-River Falls.  If your question is not answered below, please contact us.


Do you provide catering?

Catering is provided by the university's food service contractor. No external catering is permitted, with the exception of wedding cakes. Wedding cakes may be purchased from an external licensed vendor.

Can we serve alcohol?

Alcohol service is permitted and is provided by the university's food service contractor. As an educational institution, the university believes it is our educational mission to be very proactive in serving as a responsible host. Thus, alcohol service may be limited in scope, location, and time frame.

Do you have a food or beverage sales minimum?

There is not a minimum requirement for food sales  There is a $50 bar set up fee and a $50/half hour bar sales minimum.

Can we sample the menu?

Menu tastings are available and can be arranged with the catering manager. In most instances, the bride and groom will receive a free tasting.  Additional individuals will be charged based upon the entree selections.


Can we visit your venue?

Absolutely! We are happy to provide on-site visits and consultations. Please contact us to schedule an appointment.

What types of decorations can we have?

You are welcome to bring in centerpieces, string lights, tulle, guest books, card boxes, and many other types of decorations. Decorations should in no way harm the venue. Confetti, glitter, rice, birdseed or any other small sprinkle items are not permitted. Live candles are also not permitted. Please discuss your decorating ideas with us in advance.

When can we get in to decorate?

Our facilities are available beginning at 8 a.m. on the day of the wedding.

How late can we stay?

The University Center will remain open until 12:30 a.m. All guests, including the wedding party, must leave the building by 12:30 a.m. You may request that the building stay open past 12:30 a.m. for a $50/hour extended building hours fee.

Where do people park?

Complimentary parking is available in lots behind the University Center. Parking is also available north of the amphitheatre. A parking map will be provided to you.


How do we reserve your facilities?

If you select our venue as your ceremony and/or reception site, you will be required to sign a contract to confirm your reservation. The contract is due within two weeks of receiving it. If we do not receive a contract within two weeks, the room(s) may be released.

When do you need a final guest count?

A final guest count is due two weeks prior to your wedding. Your final guest count provided at that time is the minimum that you will be charged for.

When are payments due?

A 50% non-refundable deposit of the facility rental fee is due with the signed contract. 

Two weeks prior to your wedding, the following payments are due:

  • 75% of the catering charges (based on the guaranteed number provided at that time).

  • Remaining balance of the facility fee.

You will receive a final invoice after the wedding for the catering balance. The invoice is payable within two weeks of receiving it.

Wedding - Cake Table 2-edited 

Wedding - Table-edited 

wedding decor 

bridal bouquet 


Contact Us

Conference and Event Services
Division of Student Affairs
170 University Center
Pintrest Facebook Icon