Fall Career Fair
October 12 & 13
UWRF is hosting its first-ever virtual Career Fair this fall through Handshake. Career Services is excited about the number of features allowing employers and students to connect personally without waiting in lines.
What is a Virtual Career Fair?
Virtual career fairs on Handshake give you the opportunity to meet recruiters and other employees through video sessions. You’ll learn more about employers hiring at your school, and connect with companies that will want to hire you.
Attending video sessions, instead of an in-person fair, means there is no waiting in line to talk to recruiters. When you register for a virtual career fair on Handshake, you sign up for specific session times—securing your spot to meet with the employers you’re interested in.
Virtual Fair Features
- Students can pre-register for a time to video chat with employers
- Speak with employers from the comfort of your home
- Participate in employer group chat and information sessions
- Chat with Career Services throughout the event to receive answers to your questions
There are two types of virtual fair sessions:
- Group sessions. During these sessions, you’ll join other students to meet recruiters and other employees at the organization. You’ll learn about job and internship opportunities, company culture, and more. You’ll also have an opportunity to ask your own questions.
- One-on-one sessions. This is an opportunity to chat directly with a recruiter or employee ambassador about jobs and internships. Recruiters that want to meet you will be able to invite you to attend virtual sessions with them.
Recruiters will likely review your profile before a session, so be sure to update your Handshake profile with your role and location preferences, as well as skills, organizations, and work experience!
Finding Virtual Fairs on Handshake
There are a few different ways to find virtual fairs and events for students at UWRF.
- Event recommendations. Just like job recommendations, Handshake will recommend upcoming virtual events for you based on your profile and interests.
- Events page. To see a full list of upcoming events, click the Events tab on your Handshake dashboard. On the Events page, you’ll see filters to narrow down events by date, and whether they’re a Career Fair and Virtual. You can also search for events using keywords such as marketing or engineering.
- Employers you follow. You’ll be notified when the employers you follow are attending a virtual career fair at your school. If you haven’t already, start following the employers you like!
- Employer pages. When you view an employer’s page, you’ll be able to see which upcoming events they are attending or hosting.
When you click on a virtual fair page, you’ll see which employers will be attending and a list of their sessions and speakers. You can also filter the list of all employers by location, industry, and more.