Program at a Glance
The Counseling Program prepares graduate students to work as professional school counselors in diverse K-12 school settings. Upon graduation, students will have a Master of Science in Education (M.S.E.), which contributes to their professional license qualifications. CACREP accredited since 2016.
- Small class sizes, evening class meetings, customizable degree plans.
- Direct and frequent interaction with faculty members.
- Located just outside the Twin Cities, we have classes at the main River Falls campus.
- Diverse graduate student learners from many professional backgrounds.
- The 2022 CACREP Outcomes Report for our school counseling program shows that a) 26 students graduated from the program during the 2021-2022 academic year. Overall, 88% of students since 2015 completed the program within the maximum time period of 7 years (b). Of the students who chose to take the exam in the past year, 100% passed the Praxis Exam (Praxis II exam is not required for licensure in Wisconsin or Minnesota) (c). Data from 2021-2022 reveals that of our graduates seeking school counseling employment, 100% obtained positions as school counselors (d). Over the last 5 years, 96.6% of our graduates have obtained school counseling positions when seeking such positions.
- 2021-2022 Accomplishments Magazine
- Check out our latest UWRF Program Improvement Plan- Program Audit and Review Assessment Report.