UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN River Falls
Teacher candidates are required to complete required assesments as part of their teacher preparation. The following is an overview of the Educator Preparation Program's assesment requirements.
- Basic Skills (ACT, Praxis I PPST, Praxis I CORE, SAT, GRE, MTLE EAS)
- completed before or during a candidates first year in the program.
- demonstrates a teacher candidate can demonstrate basic skills in the areas of reading, writing, and math skills to prepare to be a teacher
- required for both Tier I and Tier II admission to the Educator Preparation Program
- Content Knowledge
- completed approximately one semester before student teaching
- each content area has it's own unique requirements
- must be completed before beginning student teaching
- attempted during student teaching
- required for teacher licensing
- a performance based assessment