Graduate Certificate in Alternative Education
Licensure for Wisconsin Educators
Gain a solid foundation in the history, philosophy, educational psychology, curriculum, instruction and management involved in the rapidly growing area of Alternative Education.
The University of Wisconsin-River Falls has developed the courses that will effectively prepare teachers and administrators to work in alternative education settings. Each two-credit course is offered completely online in an asynchronous format.
Who Should Enroll
- Licensed Wisconsin educators seeking a WI 952 license
- Any educator wishing to learn more about teaching in alternative education settings
- Current alternative educators who would like to continue their professional development
- All classes are online in an asynchronous format – you can log on anytime.
- Participants will be able to interact with fellow educators from all over the state and country.
- Each class is completed in approximately six weeks.
- Practical experience is incorporated throughout the courses.
- Both theoretical and practical experiences based on a reflective practice model.
- Courses are approved by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction for 952 certification.
Students will need to meet the general admission requirements for graduate study at UWRF.