Student Health And Counseling Services

Student Health and Counseling Services offers on-campus professional mental health counseling services, clinical services contracted through Vibrant Health Family Clinics in River Falls (formerly River Falls Medical Clinic) and Pierce County Reproductive Health, and holistic educational and preventative initiatives and programming.

Frequently Asked Questions

EMERGENCIES: Where do I go for a medical or mental health emergency?
Medical emergencies call 911. View our Emergencies/Crisis Situations web page

Where do I go when I get sick, injured, or need a physical exam?
Vibrant Health Family Clinics in River Falls (formerly River Falls Medical Clinic): 1687 East Division Street, River Falls
For an appointment: call 715-425-6701 (Taxi Service free with student ID)

Where do I go when I need to talk to a personal counselor?
UWRF Counseling Services: 211 Hagestad Hall
For an appointment: call 715-425-3884 (Appointment information). 
Alcohol and other drug assessments are also available for currently enrolled UWRF students through UWRF Counseling Services (a fee is charged for court ordered assessments)

Where can I go for reproductive health services?
Pierce County Reproductive Health: 1234 South Wasson Lane, River Falls
For an appointment: call 715-425-8003 (Taxi Service free with student ID)

How do I learn more about...?
- Common physical health issues (A - Z Index)
- Common mental health issues (A - Z Index)
- Improving my personal wellness


Free nicotine replacement therapy (gum, patches, lozenges) are available for UWRF students through Student Health Services as part of an American Lung Association grant (as supplies last).  Students can access the free nicotine replacement therapy supplies as part of the Student Health Services agreements with Vibrant Health Family Clinic in River Falls (715-425-6701) and Pierce County Reproductive Health Services (715-425-8003).  

Ebola:  Although the risk is low for Ebola on campus or in this community, UWRF has a plan and continues to work together on campus with local, state, and federal partners and health authorities to monitor the situation and follow current guidelines and recommendations.

Flu.Gov Website logo

Information about the 2015-2016 influenza season and vaccination will be posted soon. Influenza vaccines are covered by Student Health Services at Vibrant Health Family Clinics in River Falls for current students. Call the Clinic at 715-425‐6701.

Activities and Involvement

Weekly Wellness Events:
Weekly Wellness Spring 2014 Poster

Annual Wellness Events:
2013-14 Annual Wellness Events

Pet Therapy:
Keep Calm, Hug A Dog Poster

Get Involved with Health and Mental Health Related Issues

Contact Us

Student Health and Counseling Services
Student Health Services: 715-425-3293
Counseling Services: 715-425-3884
M-F, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
211 Hagestad Hall