health services

Student Health Services

Student Health Services enhances students' health by providing basic health services, access to information and resources, advocacy for campus health policies, and prevention focused programming so that students can successfully pursue their academic, personal, and professional endeavors.

Student Health FAQs

EMERGENCIES: Where do I go for a medical or mental health emergency?
Medical emergencies call 911. View our Emergencies/Crisis Situations web page

Where do I go when I get sick, injured, or need a physical exam?
Vibrant Health Family Clinics in River Falls (formerly River Falls Medical Clinic): 1687 East Division Street, River Falls
For an appointment: call 715-425-6701 ( Taxi Service free with student ID)

Where can I go for reproductive health services?
Pierce County Reproductive Health: 1234 South Wasson Lane, River Falls
For an appointment: call 715-425-8003 ( Taxi Service free with student ID)

How do I learn more about...?
- Common physical health issues (A - Z Index)
- Improving my personal wellness
- Alcohol Efforts and Initiatives at UWRF Fall 2015

What if I'm concerned about my student?
- Parents as Partners

Student Health Services

211 Hagestad Hall
410 South 3rd Street
River Falls, WI 54022
Phone: 715-425-3293
Fax: 715-425-3573

Email is not a confidential mode of communication and it is inappropriate for conveying information of an urgent nature and/or for relaying information to and from medical or mental health providers.  If this is an emergency, call 911.  For questions or for more information about UW-River Falls Student Health and Counseling Services, contact our office during regular business hours (M-F 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) at 715-425-3293 or 3884.

About Us


 Zika Virus

Over the past year, Zika virus has become widespread in many Latin American and Caribbean countries. The spread of the virus has caused concern because of a possible linkage to a rare birth defect, microcephaly.  For more information about Zika, go to the CDC Zika Virus web page.

Flue.Gov Website
Information about the 2015-2016 influenza season and vaccination. Influenza vaccines are covered by Student Health Services at Vibrant Health Family Clinics in River Falls for current students. Call the Clinic at 715-425‐6701. 

Free nicotine replacement therapy (gum, patches, lozenges) are available for UWRF students through Student Health Services as part of an American Lunch Association grant (as supplies last).  Students can access the free nicotine replacement therapy supplies as part of the Student Health Services agreements with Vibrant Health Family Clinic in River Falls (715-425-6701) and Pierce County Reproductive Health Services (715-425-8003).

Activities and Involvement

Weekly Wellness Events:
Weekly Wellness Spring 2014 Poster

Annual Wellness Events:
2013-14 Annual Wellness Events

Pet Therapy:
Keep Calm, Hug A Dog Poster

Get Involved with Health and Mental Health Related Issues

Contact Us

Student Health and Counseling Services
Student Health Services: 715-425-3293
Counseling Services: 715-425-3884
M-F, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
211 Hagestad Hall