Student Health Services

Student Health Services enhances students' health by providing basic health services, access to information and resources, advocacy for campus health policies, and prevention focused programming so that students can successfully pursue their academic, personal, and professional endeavors.

Student Health FAQs

EMERGENCIES: Where do I go for a medical or mental health emergency?
Medical emergencies call 911. View our Emergencies/Crisis Situations web page

Where do I go when I get sick, injured, or need a physical exam?
Vibrant Health Family Clinics in River Falls (formerly River Falls Medical Clinic): 1687 East Division Street, River Falls
For an appointment: call 715-425-6701 (Taxi Service free with student ID)

Where can I go for reproductive health services?
Pierce County Reproductive Health: 1234 South Wasson Lane, River Falls
For an appointment: call 715-425-8003 (Taxi Service free with student ID)

How do I learn more about...?
- Common physical health issues (A - Z Index)
- Improving my personal wellness

What if I'm concerned about my student?
- Parents as Partnersdocument

Student Health Services

211 Hagestad Hall
410 South 3rd Street
River Falls, WI 54022
Phone: 715-425-3293
Fax: 715-425-3573

Email is not a confidential mode of communication and it is inappropriate for conveying information of an urgent nature and/or for relaying information to and from medical or mental health providers.  If this is an emergency, call 911.  For questions or for more information about UW-River Falls Student Health and Counseling Services, contact our office during regular business hours (M-F 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) at 715-425-3293 or 3884.

About Us


Free Nicotine Replacement Therapy Available to UWRF students through Student Health Services as part of an American Lung Association Grant:  Free nicotine replacement therapy (gum, patches, lozenges) are available for UWRF students through Student Health Services as part of an American Lung Association grant (as supplies last).  Students can access the free nicotine replacement therapy supplies as part of the Student Health Services agreements with Vibrant Health Family Clinic in River Falls (715-425-6701) and Pierce County Reproductive Health Services (715-425-8003).  Students should call either location to make an appointment to see a health care provider to discuss options for tobacco cessation.

Ebola:  Although the risk is low for Ebola on campus or in this community, UWRF has a plan and continues to work together on campus with local, state, and federal partners and health authorities to monitor the situation and follow current guidelines and recommendations.

Measles:  While we currently have no cases on campus, we are monitoring the situation, and are working with and following recommended guidelines from local, state, and federal health authorities.  The best way to prevent the spread of measles is through proper vaccination.  The recommended measles vaccine schedule (Measles, Mumps, Rubella or MMR) is 2 doses after the 1st birthday and at least 28 days apart (if born after 1956).  Most persons born in 1956 or before have had the disease and so are protected.  If persons have been vaccinated according to the recommended schedule, no further vaccination is recommended at the present.  Most persons attending K-12 school in Wisconsin or Minnesota have likely been adequately vaccinated against measles.  For more information about how to locate immunization records for persons from Wisconsin or Minnesota, go to  MMR vaccines are covered for current UWRF students at Vibrant Health Family Clinic in River Falls (715-425-6701). 

Flue.Gov Website
Influenza and Vaccinations 2014-2015 Season.document  Information about influenza and where persons can go to get vaccinated. Influenza vaccines are covered by Student Health Services at Vibrant Health Family Clinics in River Falls for current students. Call the Clinic at 715-425‐6701.

Activities and Involvement

Weekly Wellness Events:
Weekly Wellness Spring 2014 Poster

Annual Wellness Events:
2013-14 Annual Wellness Events

Pet Therapy:
Keep Calm, Hug A Dog Poster

Get Involved with Health and Mental Health Related Issues

Contact Us

Student Health and Counseling Services
Student Health Services: 715-425-3293
Counseling Services: 715-425-3884
M-F, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
211 Hagestad Hall