Emergencies/Crisis Situations
For medical emergencies dial 911!

For medical emergencies dial 911! 

Emergency room medical care is provided after clinic office hours at the River Falls Area Hospitallink, adjacent to the Vibrant Health Family Clinics in River Falls (formerly River Falls Medical Clinic).  However, this care is not covered by Student Health Services, so all charges for care are the student's responsibility. Students may call the Clinic after clinic hours to talk to a provider (715-425-6701).

Calling 911 for Medical Emergencies on Campusdocument

If you are in crisis or suicidal now

If you are in crisis or suicidal now

If you are having suicidal thoughts, you may need help immediately. Take yourself seriously. If your need is urgent, admit it. You deserve to get help, and to get it sooner rather than later. If you are experiencing intense emotional distress and need immediate response:

  1. Get off the computer and pick up the phone.
  2. Call Counseling Services (715-425-3884) or Vibrant Health Family Clinics (formerly River Falls Medical Clinic) (715-425-6701) and make an appointment for an office visit. In crisis situations, Counseling Services can see you on short notice. Be sure to make it clear that your need is urgent.
  3. Contact University Police (715-425-3133) or Emergency Services (911) for immediate response at any time.
  4. If the mental health crisis you are experiencing is not dangerous, but you wish to talk to someone immediately after business hours, for assistance about what to do next, you may call any of these 24-hour help lines:

Crisis Connection 1-866-379-6363
United Way of Wisconsin: 211
24-hour National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-TALK  or www.suicidepreventionlifeline.orglink

Victims of violence or sexual assault

Victims of violence or sexual assault

  • University Police (715-425-3133) University Police will assess the situation and dispatch appropriate personnel including paramedics and law enforcement.
  • Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (715-425-6443) or (1-877-572-6313) Free and confidential Forensic Nurse Examiner services are available through SARTlink 24/7 to victims of sexual assault and domestic violence. It is important to be cared for by a Forensic Nurse Examiner within 5 days after an assault. Taxi Service is available free with student ID. View the Sexual Assault Resource Guidedocument for more information.
  • Turningpoint (715-425-6751) Victim Advocates are available to provide support and information about the legal and disciplinary options for dating or domestic violence, stalking, sexual assault, or sexual harassment.
  • UWRF Counseling Services (715-425-3884) is a free and confidential service for students. Students who are not feeling safe will be seen immediately during business hours, located in 211 Hagestad Hall.
  • UWRF Student Health Services covers the cost for certain health services for students at the below locations. For questions, contact UWRF Student Health Services at 715-425-3293.
    - Pierce County Reproductive Health Services (appointments 715-425-8003)
    - Vibrant Health Family Clinics in River Falls (formerly River Falls Medical Clinic) (appointments 715-425-6701)


Contact Us

Student Health and Counseling Services
Student Health Services: 715-425-3293
Counseling Services: 715-425-3884
M-F, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
211 Hagestad Hall