Sexual Assault and Harassment, Resources and Services

Sexual assault and harassment are serious offenses demanding immediate attention. UW-River Falls is committed to preventing all forms of sex-based abuse.

Coercive sexual contact and unwelcome sexual comments undermine the safety, security, and dignity of the university community.

UW-River Falls understands that recognizing the problem is the first step toward responding to the problem. The general information provided below seeks to help prevent sexual assault and sexual harassment in the university community.

Should I report an assault?

Report any assault, whether or not you intend to press criminal charges. You may report the assault to:

  • University Police
  • Student Affairs*
  • Counseling
  • Student Health Services
  • River Falls Police
  • Resident Assistant, Hall Director, or any Residence Life staff member
  • Turningpoint for Victims of Domestic and Sexual Violence
  • Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE)/Sexual Assault Response Team

Reported incidents are confidential unless the survivor is younger than 18 years-of-age. University staff will not take action without your consent. However, action will be taken if the alleged perpetrator presents an immediate safety threat to the community-at-large.

*Division of Student Affairs

Gregg Heimselmen, Title IX Coordinator, and Assistant Chancellor for Student Affairs, will discuss your options, including available campus and community resources. You may choose to report the assault to University Police and/or the City of  River Falls Police.

Options through the Division of Student Affairs may include disciplinary action if the offender is a student, faculty, or staff member, and a university policy has been violated. Possible disciplinary actions for students include reprimand, probation, suspension, a "no contact" order, or expulsion. UWRF Student Conduct & Community Standards enforces these disciplinary actions.

Note: Sexual assault survivors do better when they contact someone who can give them support as soon as possible after the assault. If survivors choose to report, it is recommended that they do not bathe, change clothes, or do anything that might destroy physical evidence.

For immediate help after an assault, contact:

  • University Police 911 715-425?3133
  • River Falls Police 911 715-425?0909
  • Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner/Sexual Assault Response Team 911 715-425?6443

For support and reporting after the immediate crisis, contact:

  • Title IX Coordinator and Assistant Chancellor for Student Affairs 715-425?0720
  • Student Conduct & Community Standards 715-425-4844
  • Counseling Services (UWRF) 715-425?3884
  • Student Health Services (UWRF) 715-425?3293
  • Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner(SANE)/Sexual Assault Response Team 911     715-425?6443
  • Vibrant Health Family Clinic, River Falls 715-425?6701
  • Pierce County Reproductive Health Services 715-425?8003
  • Turningpoint for Victims of Domestic and Sexual Violence 1?800?345?5104 or 715-425?6751
  • Resident Assistant, Hall Director, or any Residence Life staff member

Survivor’s Legal Rights

If a survivor pursues legal prosecution, he or she has rights under Chapter 950 of the Wisconsin Statutes.

Download the Resource Guide for sexual assault and harassment.

Contact Us

Student Conduct & Community Standards
M-F, 7:45 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
B3 East Hathorn Hall

Facebook icon for Freddy Falcon's accountTwitter icon for Freddy Falcon's accountInstagram icon for Freddy Falcon's account