The purchase of safety glasses is based on your work contract agreement. Please contact your supervisor to see if you are eligible to have your safety glasses purchased through your department budget.
Please note that all prescription safety glasses must come with either permanent or detachable side shields.
1. Talk to your supervisor regarding your work contract agreement to see if you are eligible to have your safety glasses paid for through department funds.
2. Print the Prescription Eyewear Order Form. Click here for the order form.
3. Visit your optometrist who will complete the form.
4. Go to the UWRF Purchasing Website to obtain a requisition form. Click here for the requisition form.
5. Complete the requisition form. Information on frames, pricing, etc. can be found on the vendor Website.
6. Forward the Eyewear Order Form and the signed requisition to Connie Smith, 25 North Hall. Connie will order the glasses for you. Please allow 2 weeks for delivery. Call 715-425-3344 if you have any questions.
If you want to know more about eye safety at work, visit Prevent Blindness America.