- Serve as a leader and role model to new students and their families.
- Take an active role in supporting all new students during their transition to campus.
- Lead a small group of students and acquaint them with campus resources, activities, and opportunities.
- Assist in the organization and implementation of Week of Welcome activities and programs.
- Conduct campus tours.
- Communicate effectively with a wide range of students.
- Exercise mature judgement and patience.
- Support and encourage fellow staff members.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Reliable, responsible, confident, creative, sincere, flexible, willingness to help, and strong communication skills.
- Genuine personality and positive attitude.
- Basic knowledge of UWRF campus.
- Able to attend all training sessions, retreat, and Week of Welcome program.
- Eligible to register as a full-time undergraduate fall of 2013.
- Not employed at UWRF as an OTL for International Student Orientation (New Student and Family Programs) or as a Resident Assistant (Residence Life).
- Enhance communication and leadership skills.
- $240 gross salary payable in one sum.
- UWRF apparel and accessories.
- NSFP Training
Sunday, March 30 from 9:30am-3:30pm.
- WOW Training
Sunday, 6 from 3:30-5pm
- Off-Campus Training Retreat
Sunday, August 24 through Monday, August 25
- Additional Paid Work Days (optional)
Tuesday, August 26 and Wednesday, August 27
- New Student Move-In
Saturday, August 30
- Week of Welcome
Sunday, August 31 and Monday, September 1
- Academic Day
Tuesday, September 2