UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN River Falls
An internship is a carefully monitored work experience in which a student has intentional learning goals that enable him or her to apply their classroom knowledge to the workplace.
UWRF Career Services is your first point of contact for information on internships at UWRF. Career Services will connect you to UWRF college internship coordinators and resources.
Since internships are coordinated and approved uniquely in each college at UWRF, use the above link to submit your internships to UWRF Career Services. Your internship will be posted to the Hire-a-Falcon on-line system for students to view and will be routed to the appropriate internship coordinators.
If you would like assistance creating a new internship within your organization, you may directly contact the below college internship coordinators.
- Agriculture, Food and Environmental Sciences
- Arts and Sciences
- Business and Economics
- Education and Professional Studies
A College Internship Coordinator Will
- Provide employers and students with information about department expectations for successfully completing an internship.
- Collaborate with employers to ensure internship learning outcomes are met, and to ensure formal procedures are followed.
- Inform the student about how to apply for internship credit through the department and the college.
Recruiting UWRF graduates for full-time work: Numerous opportunities are available.
Register for the UWRF Career Fair: Opportunity in October to meet potential interns and new hires.
Guidelines for Campus Recruitment: Provided by the National Association of Colleges & Employers (NACE).
Federal EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) legislation prohibits departments from recommending to employers specific candidates for an internship position. All students must have equal access and opportunity to be considered for an internship position.