1. Submit the following to Deb Schwab, Human Resources, 216 North Hall:
* Recruitment Authorization Form
* Position Description
* Position Description Form
* Organization Chart
2. The Human Resources Manager will review and classify the position and obtain the appropriate signatures on the Classified Recruitment Authorization form.
3. Upon approval, HR Manager will notify supervisor. Supervisor has option to 1) proceed with announcing in Falcon Daily for permissive transfers; 2) move forward with recruitment; or 3) do a combination of both. NOTE: In all cases, the position must be posted in the State of Wisconsin's Employee Referral System (ERS) for statewide employees whose positions are at-risk of layoff or who are in a layoff situation. Job must be posted in ERS for eight calendar days.
4. If announcing for transfers first, Human Resources will provide supervisor with information on transfer candidates. Supervisor will determine whether candidates will be considered next or in conjunction with candidates from recruitment process
5. Recruitment process varies depending on the type of vacancy. An established list of applicants may already be available because of pre-existing examination or an exam may need to be created by the supervisor and Human Resources.
6. The HR Manager will work with the supervisor to develop an examination, if needed. If a pre-existing list is available, HR will obtain a list of eligible candidates for interview.
7. HR will notify candidates of eligibility to interview and schedule those who are interested.
8. Interview questions must be submitted to Human Resources for approval prior to interviews.
Helpful Resources Guides
* Interview Guide & Sample Interview Questions
* Fair Hiring & Avoiding Discriminatory Interview Questions
* Pre-Employment Inquiry Guidelines