Residence Life Conduct Process
- An Incident Report is written and submitted by a student or staff member to the Department of Residence Life.
- A Residence Life administrator reviews the incident and outlines any alleged policy violations.
- Each student allegedly in violation of a policy will receive notice (Charges Letter) via their UWRF email account with a pre-scheduled Conduct Conference date and time and the policy(ies) they have allegedly violated.
- A Conduct Conference is an opportunity for the student to meet with a Hearing Officer to discuss the incident, determine any responsibility, and come to a resolution on sanctions, if applicable.
- If a student does not attend a Conduct Conference, a decision will be made without the student’s perspective, based on the information available. The student will receive the decision via their UWRF email.
- If a resolution could not be reached a decision will be made by the Hearing Officer. The student will received the decision via their UWRF email.
- Prior to the Conduct Conference a student may elect to have a Conduct Hearing. The student must email the Residence Life Hearing Officer 24 hours prior to the scheduled Conduct Conference to request a Conduct Hearing. The Conduct Hearing process is outlined below.
- If a resolution could not be reached or the student elects to have a Conduct Hearing the student will have the opportunity to appeal the decision under certain parameters. The appeal process is outline below.