UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN River Falls
Each of the ten Council members shall have voting rights, with the exception of the Chair, who shall vote only in the case of a tie.
To be eligible for election to the Academic Staff Council, individuals must be academic staff who hold at least a half-time appointment and have a contract for the next academic year.
22.214.171.124 Terms of Office
126.96.36.199 General Elections
1. Conduct a general election
2. Make an appointment to the position
3. Leave the position open
Each option will be for the vacated position's balance of term.
1. Chair of the Academic Staff Council:
- to preside over all meetings of the Council
- to nominate appointees for ratification to all ad hoc committees that are
authorized by the Academic Staff Council
- to nominate appointees to campus and System committees, as requested, pursuant to Academic Staff Council ratification
- to serve as the liaison between the Council and the University's administration
- to attend, or to send a designee, to System academic staff representatives meetings
- to appoint, if desired, a parliamentarian whose duties shall be to interpret parliamentary procedure at meetings
- to serve on the Academic Staff Promotions Committee
- to serve on the Re-classification Committee
2. Vice Chair of the Academic Staff Council:
- to preside over meetings in the absence of the Chair
- to conduct general elections
- to compile and submit appropriate materials to support the UWRF nomination for the Academic Staff Regents Award for Excellence
- to assist the Chair in all appropriate matters
3. Secretary of the Academic Staff Council:
- to preside over meetings in the absence of the Chair and the Vice Chair
- to keep minutes of the Council meetings and to distribute these minutes
- to issue all formal correspondence from the Council
A. Academic Staff Promotions Committee
- to review all appropriate data submitted for promotion within the framework of the UW System Unclassified Title Structure and subsequent System titling rules, as well as policies established by this Council and approved by the Chancellor
- to establish its own rules of procedure for the conduct of its promotion
The membership shall be comprised of the Chancellor, the Provost and Vice
Chancellor for Academic Affairs, the Vice Chancellor for Administration and Finance, and the Chair of the Academic Staff Council or his or her designee.
Procedures: Procedures for promotion within the UW System Unclassified Title Structure and University policies are in 6.15 of this chapter. The title structures are found in the UW System Unclassified Personnel Guidelines (UPGs).
The Academic Staff Council, with the concurrence of the Chancellor, may establish additional
committees if it determines it to be necessary.