Forms and Guidelines

 Travel Guidelines

You are expected to be familiar with and follow Wisconsin state guidelines for all travel expenses. These are available at We encourage you to use a travel card whenever possible to pay for your expenses. If you use a pro card, you must follow the directions on the Request for Transfer Form. Expenses that are placed onto a pro card that do not follow the directions will not be reimbursed and your department will be responsible.

 Reimbursement of Expenses

Travel expense reports must be submitted no later than one month after the conclusion of travel or by June 18, 2015, whichever comes first. Expense reports submitted after June 18, 2015 will not be processed for payment. 

To receive your reimbursement of expenses you must submit the following to 104 North Hall:

  • Travel expense report       
  • Receipts and supporting documentation
  • Verification of your conference participation
  • Copy of your award letter
  • If using another account for reimbursement in addition to the Professional Development Account all appropriate signatures must be included (e.g. department chair's if a department account is used) 

In addition to the list above the following must be done if your activity is occurring after June 18th:

  • Write an email to Associate Vice Chancellor Wes Chapin,, explaining the expenses that cannot be paid until after June 18th
  • Submit your first expense report including pre-paid expenses as soon as they occur
    • Airfare
    • Hotel
    • Conference registration
  • Submit your second expense report immediately upon the conclusion of travel 
Cancellation and grant is no longer needed

If your plans change and you are unable to use the grant monies, be sure to both notify Wes Chapin and email as soon as you become aware. At this time the monies would be reallocated to other faculty and/or staff. Any unused portion of this allotment will be returned to the Professional Development Account. If you have any questions, contact Wes Chapin or email   

Guidelines & Forms - PDF Format

Request for Transfer Form

Travel Guidelines/Expenses/Cancellation - Fiscal Year 2016

WIS Fall 2012 kmh 97WIS Fall 2012 kmh 97

Contact Us

Faculty and Academic Staff Development
M-F, 7:45 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
104 North Hall