- UWRF Marketplace allows campus offices and departments to receive secure online payments. Marketplace home page
- Customers are able to purchase UWRF products such as holiday cheese boxes or register for events using a credit card.
- Marketplace is powered by a third-party software vendor called Shopify.
What are the advantages for UWRF offices or departments?
- Easy to add inventory and events.
- Orders are sent to a UWRF staff member's email or are available on the Shopify dashboard. This makes order fulfillment simple.
- Automatic credit card verification.
- Payment is automatically deposited to a UWRF bank account. The funds are then dispersed through accounts receivable office.
- UWRF staff members DO NOT have to manage credit card payment transactions.
- Credit card numbers are not revealed to staff members eliminating some liability. Compliance with PCI security standards is easier.
- Transaction reports are accessible at any time on the Shopify dashboard or as customized spreadsheet.
- Easy to initiate refunds when needed.
What are the advantages for UWRF customers?
- Convenience of a credit card transaction.
- Confidence in a secure transaction.
- Automatic feedback that the transaction was complete.
What should my office or department consider before using Marketplace?
- Have a plan in place for your department's workflow for fulfilling on-line orders.
- How will the cost of using the store impact revenues for the offering? (See "How much will marketplace cost...)
- How are transactions handled now? How will this affect order fulfillment and workflow?
- Who will be fulfilling the orders and receiving transaction reports?
- Who will update the online inventory?
- When would you like to allow customers to begin registering for events or buying products. It takes a minimum 5 working days to set up a store and arrange a campus account.