Student email accounts are migrating from SquirrelMail to Microsoft Live@edu starting Friday, May 20.
Before Friday, May 20, you should:
- Delete any emails you do not need (migration will go faster!).
On Friday, May 20:
- All students must change their password via FAA
- SquirrelMail will become read-only and will remain that way until July 1.
- Access your new Microsoft Live@edu account using the ‘Email’ link on the Current Students page.
- Saved student emails will be queued up for migration into Microsoft Live@edu. We anticipate that you will see your saved emails in Microsoft Live@edu by May 27.
What’s not migrating:
- Non-UWRF email addresses/personal address books
- Oracle Calendar entries – You will need to set them up again in Microsoft Live@edu if they are needed.
Other important info:
- For more info on Microsoft Live@edu, visit the Microsoft Live web page.
- Your new email address will end with “@my.uwrf.edu”. Messages sent to your old ‘@uwrf.edu’ address will continue to be delivered to you until 12/31/11.
- Your quota in Microsoft Live@edu will be 10GB.
- Faculty and staff are not using Microsoft Live@edu for their primary email service, however their email addresses will continue to be in your address book.
Questions? Contact DoTS@uwrf.edu or (715) 425-3687 (DoTS).