Employees and Students are now able to create their own passwords
There are several convenient options for you to easily change and create your own password or passphrase:
- Windows PC - University owned while on campus: press Ctrl-Alt-Delete. You will then be given the opportunity to change your password.
- Macs - University owned while on campus: In addition to using OWA, Mac users can change their password while logged in by going to Apple Menu > System Preferences > Users & Groups > Change Password.
- Notification: While on campus customers will be presented with a notification 14 days prior to expiration on Windows machines and 30 days prior on Macs. These notifications are presented as pop-ups on the computer.
- First-time account activations will continue to use Falcon Account Administration (faa.uwrf.edu)
- Forgotten passwords will continue to reset via Falcon Account Administration (faa.uwrf.edu)
Rules and Restrictions
- A customer cannot use the same password previously used
- Maximum password age is 365 days
- Minimum password length is 8 characters
- Pick 3 out of the following 4 character sets to satisfy the complexity requirement
- At least 1 upper case alpha character
- At least 1 lower case alpha character
- At least 1 special character
- At least 1 number
- Cannot contain the same three letters or numbers consecutively (example aaa, 222)
- Cannot contain three letters contained consecutively within your name (example, you could not use Lin in your password if your first name is Linda)
This is the first step in our goal of replacing the current Falcon Account Administration with a more customer-friendly portal. This portal would allow all customers to change their passwords in one consistent location.
Any questions should be directed to email@example.com or by calling 715-425-3687.