Employees are now able to create their own passwords
There are several convenient options for you to easily change and create your own password or passphrase:
- Via Outlook Web Access (OWA) on a PC or Mac: from your inbox screen click Options, then Change Password
- Windows PC connected to the university either by wireless or wired: press Ctrl-Alt-Delete. You will then be given the opportunity to change your password. This is available on the main campus as well as the Hudson Center, Pigeon Lake and the Mann Valley Farm locations.
- Macs: In addition to using OWA, Mac users can change their password while logged in by going to Apple Menu > System Preferences > Users & Groups > Change Password.
- Notification: Customers are notified 5 days prior to password expiration on their workstation (pop-up on both PC and Mac)
- First-time account activations will continue to use Falcon Account Administration (faa.uwrf.edu)
- Forgotten passwords will continue to reset via Falcon Account Administration (faa.uwrf.edu)
Rules and Restrictions
- A customer cannot use the same password previously used
- Maximum password age is 365 days
- Minimum password length is 8 characters
- Pick 3 out of the following 4 character sets to satisfy the complexity requirement
- At least 1 upper case alpha character
- At least 1 lower case alpha character
- At least 1 special character
- At least 1 number
- Cannot contain the same three letters or numbers consecutively (example aaa, 222)
- Cannot contain three letters contained consecutively within your name (example, you could not use Lin in your password if your first name is Linda)
This is the first step in our goal of replacing the current Falcon Account Administration with a more customer-friendly portal. This portal would allow all customers to change their passwords in one consistent location.
Any questions should be directed to email@example.com or by calling 715-425-3687.