ID Cards

The Carding Office distributes and manages the Campus ID cards used for many services available to students and staff. The Carding Office is located in 160 Davee Library.

Keep Your Card in Working Order

Keys and other sharp objects will scratch the stripe so that the card is unusable and needs to be replaced. Please be careful with keys, coins, etc., and be sure that you don't punch through the magnetic stripe. Remember, replacement is expensive.

Residence Hall Access

The residence halls are locked 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. You must have a valid campus ID card and live in a residence hall to enter the buildings. Every first floor entry door of each residence hall has a card reader. Between 6:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. daily current residence hall occupants can enter any residence hall using their ID card. Between 10:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. daily you can enter only the residence hall in which you live.

The residence hall laundry facilities also accept your ID card.

Lost Cards

If you lose your ID card you must report the loss onlinelink or to the Carding Office, 160 Davee Library immediately so that no one else can use the card.

Lost and damaged ID cards may be replaced in the Carding Office, 160 Davee Library. There is a $15.00 charge (unless you are replacing a staff ID card that is more than 3 years old in which case there is no charge). Please remember to bring your damaged card with you when you come.

You must show some form of identification to be issued a new ID card. ID cards are NOT transferable. If someone is found using your card, and notification has not been given to the Carding Office that the card has been lost or stolen, the card will be confiscated from the user and the owner of the card will be charged a $15.00 fee.

Staff ID Badges that need to be replaced are charged to the department. There are no free badge replacements. Be sure to bring your department's account number.

If you find your lost card, you may report it foundlink online, or you may visit the Carding Office in 160 Davee Library. 


The ID card is used to validate your current university status for check cashing at University Center Information Desk. Students and staff wishing to use the Hunt and Knowles facilities will be asked to present their ID card for scanning before allowed access. ID cards are also used when obtaining health care. A Voter Identification card is also available.

Custom ID Cards

Departments can obtain Custom Identification Badges and Cards that are durable and of high quality with custom identification for your personnel.

With custom identification products your staff will be able to safely identify themselves to the public and others as needed. The high quality materials used in the identification process ensure that it will be ready and accessible when needed to identify themselves.

Your identification card can be custom designed from scratch to meet your needs, or you can select from several well tested design templates in use today.

Identification photos are key to securing your ID card or badge. By having a photo on the ID card your card is safer from being used by an unauthorized person, should it be lost or stolen.

We will be happy to take high quality ID photos for each of your personnel in our office. You will need to submit a roster of individuals that are authorized to receive an ID card. Upon arrival your personnel will be expected to present a state issued ID card or passport.

You can submit your own quality photos to our office in digital form as well. These can be done by e-mail or on a CD delivered to our office.

Falcon Dollars

Your ID Card provides access to Falcon Dollars. Learn more!

Hours of Operation
160 Davee Library


7:45 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.