UW-River Falls, Division of Technology Services' goals are focused on Teaching and Learning, Campus Services and Campus Infrastructure.
Teaching and Learning
Support teaching and learning with appropriate technologies and successful approaches.
- Equip classrooms and learning spaces with appropriate technology
- Research and evaluate technologies and approaches for instructional impact and learning achievements
- Investigate and provide opportunities to assist innovation within all learning environments
- Offer a suite of instructional technologies that can be implemented across campus
Campus Infrastructure Services
Support campus with software and services that provide a common set of features, processes and
procedures for teaching, learning, research, outreach and campus services.
- Tools and services (portal, software licensing, help desk, etc.)
- Enterprise applications (content management, imaging, survey tools, etc.)
- Overarching services (accessibility, policy, green computing, staff development, governance, etc.)
- System development lifecycle (architecture, project management, continuity of operations)
- Administrative applications (student, financial, human resource)
- Campus collaboration (email, calendar, web/docs space, collaboration tools, crisis communications, mobile services)
Core Campus IT Infrastructure
Support campus with core campus infrastructure services that provide the foundation on which
applications and services depend.
- Data center services
- Security services
- Network services
- Telecommunication services
- Data storage, back-up and retrieval services