Windows 7 - Self-Service (Software Center)
Software Center allows anyone to install approved software without the need to contact Technology Services on any UWRF owned and managed office Windows 7 computer through the use of a "shopping cart."
- Click on the "Start button" and type in Software Center. Push the enter button on your keyboard or click on the Software Center shortcut at the top of the Start Menu.
- You will see a list of software that is available for you to install. The available software may change based on who you are or what computer you are on.
- Click on the software to get more information on the application as well as to see if a reboot is needed to complete the installation
- Check the box for all applications you would like to install. When you have checked all of the applications you would like to install, click the "Install Selected" button in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Most Windows 7 computers should be the 64-bit version. To find out which version of Windows you have:
- Push the Windows key and the Pause/Break Key on your keyboard
- Under "System Type" you will see either 64-bit Operating System or 32-bit Operating System
- If the software name does not have (64-bit) after it the software will work for any version of Windows 7
- Click on the "Installation Status" tab to view the status of your install(s)
Note: Technology services staff have tested the installations to ensure that most should not reboot the computer when complete. However, each computer may be slightly different and a reboot may happen. Any time you install or update software ensure you have all work saved in the event your computer restarts unexpectedly.
Mac OS - Self-Service (Casper)
Casper allows anyone to install approved software without the need to contact Technology Services on any UWRF owned and managed office Mac OS computer through the use of a "shopping cart." You will need to make sure your university-owned Apple device(s) are enrolled prior to seeing the Software Center. To enroll your device please visit: https://www.uwrf.edu/dots/casper.cfm
- Click on the shortcut that looks like a tuxedo with the University logo. If your dock is on the bottom of the screen the shortcut will be on the left side of your screen. If you have your dock on the left or right of the screen the shortcut will be near the top of your screen.
- Login with your Falcon Account ID (W#) and password
- Click on the install button for any applications you would like to install
- Clicking on the i will provide more information on the application