UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN River Falls
4:00 – 9:00 pm
Registration, poster setup – University Center Riverview Ballroom (2nd floor).
5:00 – 6:30 pm
Social hour with posters, vendor displays, and refreshments (cash bar).
Introduction and Welcome, UW-River Falls Chancellor (and chemist) Dean van Galen, followed by dinner.
7:15 – 8:15 pm
Keynote address – Tom Holme, Iowa State University. "Digging Deeper: What can data from ACS Exams tell us about chemistry education?"
8:15 – 10:00 pm
Refreshments (cash bar) and informal networking.
Vendor displays - University Center Riverview Ballroom (2nd Floor)
8:30 – 9:10 am
Concurrent Sessions I
- POGIL, Dr. Jamie Schneider
- Alternative Introductory Curricula, Dr. David Rusterholz and Dr. Ross Jilk
- Flipped Classroom, Dr. Lisa Kroutil and Dr. Karl Peterson
- ACS Exams, Dr. Kristen Murphy
- Active Learning Classroom, Dr. Mike Kahlow
9:10 - 9:25 am
Coffee Break and Informal Networking
9:25 – 10:05 am
Concurrent Sessions II
- Peer-Led Team Learning, Dr. Lisa Kroutil
- General Chemistry, Dr. Barb Nielsen
- Laboratory Safety, Dr. Mike Kahlow
- Molecular Modeling, Dr. Stacey Stoffregen
- Active Learning Classroom, Dr. Jamie Schneider
10:05 – 10:45 am
Coffee/snack break and informal networking.
- Sapling Learning
- Thermo Fisher
- Oxford Instruments
10:45 – 11:30 am
Concurrent Sessions III
11:45 – 1:00pm
Lunch and Keynote address, Jennifer Lewis, University of South Florida - University Center Riverview Ballroom (2nd Floor)