The Praxis I® Pre Professional Skills Test(s) in Reading, Writing and Mathematics.
Completion of the Praxis I tests is one of four ways a teacher candidate can demonstrate basic skills required for admission to all professional education programs.
Educators applying for licenses in Wisconsin who have completed professional education programs after August 31, 1992, at colleges and universities located in other states are required to submit passing scores on the Praxis I test to the Department of Public Instruction
The Praxis I® (PPST©) should attempted during your first year of college if you did not meet the basic skills requirement using either the ACT, SAT, or GRE exams. You must pass all sections of the Praxis I® (PPST) before you can be admitted into the Educator Preparation Program (EPP).
- The Praxis I® is not offered at UWRF. For a list of computer based testing locations, please visit http://etsis4.ets.org/tcenter/index.html.
- Study guides can be purchased in the bookstore or from Educational Testing Services www.ets.org, a sample test book is available in WEB 203. You may check the book out for one day.
- Which tests should I take?
- Praxis I Mathematics, Qualifying score is 173
- Praxis I Reading, Qualifying score is 175
- Praxis I Writing, Qualifying score is 174
Check on the Education Testing Services Website for specific information about each exam