Starting December 1 2013, the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction will no longer accept paper applications for Wisconsin Educator Licenses.
Beginning January 15, 2014 all Wisconsin Educator Licenses will be issued electronically using the Educator Licensing Online (ELO) System.
Please click here http://tepdl.dpi.wi.gov/licensing/elo for important Educator Licensing Updates!
Tips for completing your application
- Read all directions carefully before beginning the online application
- You only need to submit the MN verification of program completion to me to complete. I will return this to you to submit with the rest of the required materials.
- Official transcripts can be ordered through the Registrars office online for $8.00. If you rush order them or pick them up in person there will be an additional $8.00 fee. - http://www.uwrf.edu/Registrar/Transcripts/OrderOnline.cfm
- Minnesota requires all supplemental materials to be submitted in a single packet
- Make a copy for the verification for your records
- You can e-mail me the verification form as a .pdf attachment. I will return it to you through the US Postal Service
- With your verification we will include a letter which will provide Minnesota with your Praxis I® testing information. DO NOT OPEN THIS LETTER! My signature will be across the envelope to show I sealed it.
Minnesota Licensing Links
- http://education.state.mn.us/MDE/EdExc/Licen/index.html This is a comprehensive site on the Minnesota Department of Education's Web Site
- Minnesota online licensing system - http://education.state.mn.us/MDE/SchSup/DataSubLogin/index.html
- Out of State Applicant Guide - http://education.state.mn.us/MDE/EdExc/Licen/AppOutStateCountry/index.html
- Minnesota Teacher Licensing Exam (MTLE)- http://www.mtle.nesinc.com/Home.aspx
- Information Regarding Minnesota teacher testing requirements - http://education.state.mn.us/mdeprod/idcplg?IdcService=GET_FILE&dDocName=005405&RevisionSelectionMethod=latestReleased&Rendition=primary
Questions about Testing and Minnesota
- Minnesota will not accept any Praxis I® exams completed after 9/1/2010
- Minnesota will only accept Praxis I® exams they required previously until 9/1/2013 After that date you will need to complete the MTLE testing requirements
- Minnesota will only accept an original score report or a sealed letter from UWRF sharing your test results.