Prior Learning Assessment

Prior Learning Assessment may be a good option for you to help with acquiring credits to complete your degree.Prior Learning Assessment credits may be obtained through various activities including the following:


UW-River Falls partners with LearningCounts.orglink to provide prior learning assessment opportunities for adult learners.  Make what you've learned count. You've learned a lot. Why not get college credit for it?

The program involves enrolling in a 6-8 week online course. During the course you will outline your experience and develop a portfolio which may be reviewed for college credit. Please visit LearningCounts.orglink for additional information.

College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
The University of Wisconsin-River Falls awards credit for the CLEP examinations as approved by UWRF CLEP policydocument. Credit earned through CLEP General Exams may be applied toward General Education requirements, but may not be used toward major/minor requirements.

Course Test-Out Options
The University of Wisconsin-River Falls may offer test-out options for selected courses.

Military Credit
Are you a currently serving member or veteran of the United States military? You may have credit toward your degree from education and training opportunities that you have participated in.

Prior Learning Assessment in the News
Receiving Credit for Job Experiencelink
(New York Times)

For more information, please contact the Adult Degree Completion Program Director: