Research Forms

Basic Research Request Form

  • Use this form for ordering: Birth, Census, Death, Divorce (Pierce and Saint Croix counties only), Farm Statistics, Marriage, Naturalization, Obituaries, Plat Maps.
  • One name to be searched per form. You may need to fill out the form more than once if you have multiple names you want searched; in that case save the blank form to your hard-drive before filling it in, once you have filled it in save it again, you can then re-use the form by changing only the boxes that need different information.

In-Depth Research Request Form

  • Use for inquiries not listed on the Basic Research Request Form, or for research that will take more than one half hour.

Photograph/Image Forms

Image Permission Request Form

  • Permission is not necessary for personal use (i.e. home decor, personal gift, etc.) of an image. 
  • Use of the image in any public manner (publication, website, public display, etc.) requires written permission from the University Archives. 
  • Consult the Permission Fees page to determine the associated fee.  If you have questions regarding the permission fee, please contact the archives.
  • Permission does NOT include the image, which must be ordered separately.

Image Reproduction Order Form

  • To request a copy of an image from our holdings, complete and submit our Reproduction Order Form. 
  • If you wish to publish an image, you must obtain permission in advance from the University of Wisconsin-River Falls University Archives. You must complete a Permission Request Form and pay any associated permission fees before using the image(s). We will then send you a Letter of Permission. See Permissions & Copyright for more information.
  • Note: Copyright clearance is the responsibility of the researcher.

Contact Us

University Archives and Area Research Center
170 Chalmer Davee Library
(715) 425-3567

Facebook Icon flickr icon Twitter Icon