New Student Reg 2013

Credit Transfer and Advising Tools

We maximize your previous credits and degrees at UW-River Falls...

Where Faculty and College Advisors, Department Chairs, and Academic Deans work with transfer students individually to help them best apply their credits:

  • Associates of Arts (AA) degrees from WI and MN will grant a waiver of University Requirements AND General Education requirements (except for one Multidisciplinary Inquiry course). Specific college, degree, licensure, and pre-requisite requirements still must be completed with individual courses.
  • The Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC) will grant a waiver of General Education requirements (except for one Multidisciplinary Inquiry course and 2-credits of Personal Health and Wellness courses). Specific college, degree, licensure, and pre-requisite requirements still must be completed with individual courses.
  • The Universal Credit Transfer Agreementdocument (UCTA) will complete all but 11-credits of General Education requirements from WI Technical Colleges.
  • Credit is commonly awarded from regionally accredited link2-year & 4-year institutions for courses that are non-remedial, non-technical, non-vocational, and non-doctrinal in nature.



See how credits transferlink from many different schools. Run an interactive degree-audit projection showing what you've completed and what you have left to take in your UWRF degree!  Quickly import courses from MnScu campuses. Use the "Request Information" button to share your course profile. If you don't see UW-RF matches for your courses, please contact the UW-RF Transfer Coordinator at 715-425-3500 or Thomas.bruflat@uwrf.edumail (not all campuses or courses are included yet in Transferology).

Transfer Information System

The UW Transfer Information System (TISlink) provides information on course-to-course transfer within the UW System. 

Transfer Guides

View campus specific guides for how classes transfer.

Articulation Agreements & Collaborations

Articulation Agreements typically link the completion of technical programs and degrees to specific majors at UW-River Falls with enhanced transfer of credit.  For complete details of any of these agreements, contact your advisor at your college or the UW-River Falls Transfer Coordinator.

AP, CLEP, and International Baccalaureate

Additionally, River Falls grants credit based on a variety of exams, including Advanced Placementdocument, International Baccalaureatedocument, and the College-Level Examination Programdocument (CLEP). UWRF does not award credit for these exams that have been recorded on a previous institution's transcript. The student should have the scores sent directly from the testing agency to River Falls.

Credit & Support for Military Experience

Military Credit is typically accepted for General Education requirements (Personal Health and Wellness area is often waived for Basic Training completion & Global Perspectives area may be waived for service overseas) and other baccalaureate courses. In order to award credit we must have an official transcript sent using the links below:

Air Forcelink

Army, Coast Guard, Navy, and Marine Corpslink

The Veteran Services Office at UW-River Falls provides proactive and individualized support for incoming veterans and family members.

Best for Vets 2014

Awarding of Transfer Credit

Credit from non-regionally accredited institutions may be reviewed by the appropriate department to determine appropriate application of transfer credits. A maximum of 72-credits can be accepted from two-year colleges. A minimum of 30-credits must be complete at UW-River Falls (with 6-credits in the major and 3-credits in the minor).

Apply for Admission

Visit Campus

Request Information

Virtual Tour
Take a sneak peek of the UW-River Falls campus.

Live Chat
Chat with Admissions any weekday between
8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.

Contact Us

Admissions Office
112 South Hall (map)
M-F, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.