UW-River Falls Administrative Policy
Maintained by: ACBF
Wisconsin Statute s.230.35 (4)(a) requires the office of the agencies of state government to be kept open on all days of the year except Saturdays, Sundays, and listed holidays. This policy provides guidance for which UW-RF offices qualify as an office of the agency.
Office Hours: Wisconsin Statute s.230.35 (4)(f) requires an office to be open during the hours of 7:45 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Open: An office is considered open when there is at least one staff member available to answer the telephone, receive visitors, and take messages.
Paid Holidays: Wisconsin Statute s.230.35 (4)(a) establishes paid holidays, when state government offices, including those of the UW System, are not required to be open for business. The holidays include:
1. January 1.
2. The third Monday in January, which shall be the day of celebration for January 15.
3. The last Monday in May, which shall be the day of celebration for May 30.
4. July 4.
5. The first Monday in September.
6. The fourth Thursday in November.
7. December 24.
8. December 25.
9. December 31.
*The day following if January 1, July 4 or December 25 falls on Sunday.
The UW-River Falls Chancellor issues this policy in accordance with the Administrative Policy process.
The ACBF is responsible for the administration of this policy. Request an exception to this policy from the Administrative Policies website (http://www.uwrf.edu/Administration/Policy/).
Failure to adhere to the provisions of this policy may result in appropriate disciplinary action as provided under existing procedures applicable to students, faculty, and staff, and/or civil or criminal prosecution.
The Chancellor or Provost Office will be open and is considered the office of the agency as required by Wisconsin State Statutes. In addition, the following colleges/divisions/departments will be open:
1. Accounting/Accounts Payable
2. Student Billing
3. Division of Business and Finance
4. Division of Technology Services
5. Campus Police
6. Financial Aid
8. Student Health and Counseling
9. Registrar's Office
If closed, the following offices will display on the door to their office an indication of where a visitor may go to receive assistance and when the office will resume business. Closures will be infrequent and unusual.
1. Career Services
2. Dean's Office – College of Agriculture, Food and Environmental Sciences
3. Dean's Office – College of Arts and Sciences
4. Dean's Office – College of Business and Economics
5. Dean's Office – College of Education and Professional Studies
6. Graduate Studies
7. Human Resources/Payroll
8. Outreach/Continuing Education
Assistant Chancellor for Business and Finance
Please direct questions about this policy to firstname.lastname@example.org.