UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN River Falls
Deadline: January 9, 2015
The following criteria must be met in order to receive LUMRG:
- You must be a resident of Wisconsin and one of the following under represented minority groups in higher education: African-American, Latino/a, Native American Indian, or statutorily designated Southeast Asian (Cambodian, Hmong, Laotian, or Vietnamese) students who entered the U.S. after December 31, 1975.
- Must have Free Application for Federal Financial Aid (FAFSA) completed and received in the UWRF Financial Aid office at the time of application.
- Have 24 or more cumulative credits (nearing sophomore, junior or senior status) at the time of application.
- Your self-disclosed racial/ethnic identification must be consistent across all institutional student records.
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.25, not be on academic or financial aid probation or suspension. This minimum GPA must be maintained in order to continue receiving LUMRG.
- Must demonstrate satisfactory academic progress, carrying 12+ credits each semester.
- Award amounts vary depending on the number of spring applicants and the availability of funds.
- Students will be required to return awarded LUMRG money (pro-rated) should they withdraw, drop out, or are dismissed from the university.
Eligibility for Renewal Awards*
- Meet with the Multicultural/Disadvantaged Coordinator or designee a minimum of two times per semester (four times per academic year) for continued funding.
- Participate/attend at least three program approved/sponsored activities each semester to be considered for continued funding.
- Students will also be required to complete a financial literacy assignment within the first year of the LUMRG award.
- Eligibility requirements, award amounts, and renewal requirements are subject to change/modification each academic year.