UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN River Falls
For more information, Contact Daniel.Rivera@uwrf.edu
Deadline: July 1, 2014
In the event current recipients fail to complete the eligibility requirements for Spring 2014, there will be a reallocation of available funds for Fall 2014. If you are interested in applying, send your completed application to the Academic Success Center no later than July 1, 2014 for consideration.
The following criteria must be met in order to receive LUMRG:
- You must be a resident of Wisconsin and one of the following under represented minority groups in higher education: African-American, Latino/a, Native American Indian, or statutorily designated Southeast Asian (Cambodian, Hmong, Laotian, or Vietnamese) students who entered the U.S. after December 31, 1975.
- Must have Free Application for Federal Financial Aid (FAFSA) completed and received in the UWRF Financial Aid office at the time of application.
- Have 24 or more cumulative credits (nearing sophomore, junior or senior status) at the time of application.
- Your self-disclosed racial/ethnic identification must be consistent across all institutional student records.
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.25, not be on academic or financial aid probation or suspension. This minimum GPA must be maintained in order to continue receiving LUMRG.
- Must demonstrate satisfactory academic progress, carrying 12+ credits each semester.
- Eligible recipients will receive up to $3,000 each academic year ($1,500 per semester) for up to four years.
- Students will be required to return awarded LUMRG money (pro-rated) should they withdraw, drop out, or are dismissed from the university.
Eligibility for Renewal Awards*
- Meet with the Multicultural/Disadvantaged Coordinator or designee a minimum of two times per semester (four times per academic year) for continued funding.
- Participate/attend at least three program approved/sponsored activities each semester to be considered for continued funding.
- Students will also be required to complete a financial literacy assignment within the first year of the LUMRG award.
- Eligibility requirements, award amounts, and renewal requirements are subject to change/modification each academic year.