Test accommodations are available through Ability Services to students with disabilities who need extended time, distraction reduction location, test reading assistance, test writing assistance, word processor usage, etc... The intent of a student receiving testing accommodations is not to offer a greater chance of success. Rather, testing accommodations are meant to serve to offset how a disability prevents a student from having adequate opportunity or access while taking a test.
General Test Protocols
- Student provides documentation to confirm there's a substantial need for test accommodations
- Student gives professor a memo showing their need for test accommodations
- Student makes outward requests to have test accommodations on a per test basis
- Professor elects to give the test themselves, or asks to have Ability Services administer the test, or contacts Mark Johnson if feels the test accommodations is inappropriate.
- If Ability Services administers the test, professor makes decision regarding how the test is transported.
**Attention: Ability Services highly recommends not using inter-campus mail to transport tests; tests generally don't arrive in a timely fashion and increases the chances of conflicting with the test occurrence.**
Ability Services Testing Administration Procedures
- Ability Services recommends students request test accommodations 5-business days In-advance during the semester
- Ability Services asks final exams be requested 2 weeks In-advance due to high frequency of tests occurring at that time
- Ability Services Video and Sound Records ALL tests
- Ability Services asks students to keep all personal possessions outside of the testing space while taking exam
- Ability Services monitors ALL exams it administers
- Ability Services never leaves tests unattended and keeps them in a locked location for security purposes
Link to Directions for Test Accommodations
**Attention: If you have questions, comments, or concerns on this subject feel free to schedule an appointment to meet with Jeffrey Milliren (Ability Services Accommodations Coordinator).**